Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Top 10 things I love about my hubby.

Hello, readers.  As I'm sure most of you do not know, yesterday was my hubby's birthday.  What better excuse is there besides a birthday to lavish someone with love and kind words, am I right?

Drumroll, please.

10.  He is an all or nothing kind of guy.
If you know JP at all, you know he gets passionate about a few select things.  But these few select things he is REALLY in to.  For instance, anything related to the Arkansas Razorbacks.  If you have a less than favorable opinion, please keep to yourself, unless you want a quick avenue to hubby's bad side.  Likewise, if you have a positive opinion, please share, because you will quickly become one of his favorite people.


9.  His patience.
I have met very few people who are more patient than my hubby.  He is slow to anger, quick to forgive.  It will be great for our kiddos, as they grow up, but it's also really great for me.  I mess up sometimes, if you didn't know.


8.  His IT-minded-ness.
Despite the fact that I hate technology, my husband is a techie-guru-of sorts.  One of the things I hate most about technology is the fact that it is so undependable.  But with a techie in the house, things do not stay broken for long.  He can either magically fix it with his Jedi skills, or use his secret insider knowledge to get it to someone who can.


7.  He does not know a stranger.
I joke that this man could talk to a brick wall, but it's not that much of a stretch.  Many people who did not know me pre-hubby mistakenly think that I am an extrovert.  Not so.  I am a hopeless introvert who just pretends really well.  JP has brought out my inner people person, and I can now function much better socially....kind of.



6.  He encourages my potential.
My hubby is not someone who expects a spotless house and perfectly home cooked meals every night.  He encourages me to pursue my career, my intellect.


5.  He is not afraid to get his hands dirty.
He is honestly so great at helping out around the house.  He frequently helps with sweeping and vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen or bathroom, helping with laundry, in addition to his man chores of taking out the garbage and mowing the lawn.



4.  His sense of humor.
This is truly one of my very favorite things about him.  He will randomly pop into a conversation with the most random and hilarious one-liners that keep you constantly guessing.  Laughter truly is the best medicine.


3.  He is so hands on with Henry.
Part of the deal with my working every other weekend, is that hubby has to take care of Henry in the evenings.  All by himself.  I know a lot of men that would freak out if left to their own devices with a child, but JP loves having that one-on-one time with Henry.


2.  His love for Henry.
People say you never know how much you love your husband until you see them loving your child.  I can personally attest to this fact.  It continually amazes me that somehow, despite our extraordinary differences, and despite our flaws, God used us to create such a beautiful child.  Loving the entirety of your child means loving your spouse, because your child is half of them.



1.  His love for me.
JP is such a steady source of love for me, that never asks me to be anything other than myself.  There is nothing so attractive as someone who knows all of your crap, and loves you anyway.

There you have it, folks.  I bet now you wish you were married to him.  Well, too bad, because he is MINE.

No comments :

Post a Comment