Wednesday, March 6, 2013

We're pregnant!

Ok, so I'm a little late to the game, but better late than never, right?  It's official, circa July 31, 2013, our little family of two will expand to include another whole person.  I still feel a little self-indulgent, writing a blog period, but I figured, if nothing else, it will help me to document this time for our future little one.  So here goes...

We found out we were pregnant the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  We had just seen our family, and were en route to La Porte High School's playoff game, where I was the "team doc" for the day.  For the rest of the season, I was on pins and needles standing on the sidelines, terrified I would get tackled and this would jar the baby.  Haha, we made it through the season all in one piece.  Now for a long list of questions that literally everyone asks me as soon as they find out I'm pregnant.

1.  Was this planned?
I find this questions slightly bizarre and intrusive, just because so many pregnancies are NOT planned, but yes, we were planning on having a family, just didn't expect things to move quite so quickly.

2.  How am I feeling?
Honestly, I feel better being pregnant than I did before.  I am still exercising, and find that although sometimes my balance is a little different, and crunches don't feel so hot, my endurance is slightly better than before.  I don't know if it's all in my head, or if it's the excess blood I keep reading about that is currently circulating in my body, but regardless, cardio feels GOOD.

3.  Any morning sickness?
None.  Absolutely none to speak of.  I had not one morning where I felt the slightest bit nauseous.  I guess I'm lucky in that regard?

4.  Any food aversions/cravings?
Really no.  Just like any non-pregnant person, there are days that I feel like eating certain things, and days that I don't.  I would say that this feelings are slightly stronger now that I am pregnant, but there is nothing that I am avoiding (other than things that are doctor-directed), and there is nothing that I just have to have.

5.  Are we finding out the gender?
Absolutely.  In fact, we already know, but are waiting to say until we have our gender reveal with our families this weekend.

6.  What do we want?
I think I can safely speak for both of us, when I say we just want a healthy baby.  Ideally, we want one of each, but whose life is ideal anyway?

7.  Am I sure I'm pregnant?
So this is a new one.  I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant, and not really showing unless I'm wearing something tight and you look really close.  But seriously people, do you think I'm stupid?  I don't understand this question.  Yes, I am pregnant, Yes I am sure, Yes I have ultrasounds to prove it.  Haha.

8.  Have I felt the baby move?
Yes!  I first felt baby kick around 16 weeks.  Apparently, this is pretty early compared to most people, but I felt it.  There was no fluttering or gas bubble feeling or any other vague feeling that I hear other women talk about.  It was a KICK.  In fact, the first day I felt it kick, JP could feel it also.  We keep joking that our baby is going to be a runner, because apparently it has really strong legs, and is constantly kicking them.

9.  Do we have a birth plan?
Yes.  Our birth plan is to have a healthy baby, however that needs to happen.  That's the extent of it.

I guess that about does it for now.  Look for a new post next week where I will officially document the gender for the world to see.

No comments :

Post a Comment