Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Questions without answers

So...how was it?

Over the past week and a half, I have been asked this question more times than I can even count.  Upon hearing that I have been to Guatemala and back, everyone wants to know how it was.

Beautiful countryside
Y'all!

I have no idea how to answer this question!


Typical farming plantation

How do I sum up a week of God's faithfulness, provision and love?

Acatenango

How could I possibly describe the beautiful sights, sounds and smells that surrounded me that week?

Anyone need a ride?

How could I possibly explain that the same people that are considered the poorest of the poor, are also some of the friendliest, most generous, most loving people I have ever met?

Typical Guatemala working woman

How could I possibly explain that the same country that makes my heart smile, also makes my heart sad?


Typical Guatemalan village

How do I possibly describe the beautiful simplicity to people who have so much, yet constantly crave more?


Our "private exam room" at one of our clinics


I don't think it's socially acceptable to answer a simple question with an hour-long response, so I have opted for the simple, "It was good."


Beautiful scenery
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so hopefully these pictures will totally encompass everything I've been thinking and feeling about Guatemala.

Beautiful view of Antigua


 Still...I'm overwhelmed.







No comments :

Post a Comment